This apple, blueberry breakfast muffins are a nutritious breakfast. On Sunday I make a batch of these muffins, so I am sure to have something at home that I can take with me if I have no time to have breakfast at home. They are as well a great alternative for regular sweet treats.
I use oats and buckwheat; they are a great gluten-free alternative to regular grains. These muffins are only sweetent by fruits no sugar is added. I find them delicious and can’t get enough of them. Who would ever think that you could have muffins for breakfast that are healthy and good for you.
I make a big batch good for 12 big muffins and keep them in the fridge or in an airtight container. They stay good for about 5 days. If you want, you can freeze them or make half a batch. It just takes a few minutes of your time to make this muffin and trust me the whole week you will be happy you made them. They are a great success among my friends and family and kids love them!
If you feel like a muffin is not enough for you in the morning you can have them with a healthy breakfast smoothie they make a great combination.
Apple, blueberry breakfast muffins
100 grams buckwheat flour
100 grams of oat flour
75 gram almond flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
150g coconut yogurt or Greek yogurt
150 grams of unsweetened apple mouse
100 grams of blueberries
10 soft dates
3 eggs (or egg substitute)
2 full tablespoons coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven on 175 degrees Celsius
2. Rasp de apples
3. Place all the dry ingredients in a big bowl and add the rasp apples and blueberries and mix together.
4. Then place all the rest of the wet ingredients in the blender and blend until everything is smooth.
5. Add the wet ingredients and mix these together with the dry ingredients and the fruit until everything is blend together.
6. Grease the muffin tins or place muffin liners and spoon the batter into 12 muffin tins. The tins will be quite full so you will have large muffins.
7. Bake them on 175 degrees for 25-35 minutes depends on your oven. The tops need to be golden brown.